May 9, 2023
Should assembly members be supported after a climate assembly has finished? If so, to do what? Do organisers have a responsibility to support them? Are participants uniquely placed to lobby for change? What are the risks?
In this exploratory workshop we consider the potential of assembly members to push for change after a formal climate assembly has finished. Looking at a series of examples from local and national deliberative processes across Europe, we explore what post-assembly citizen-led action can look like.
Watch other videoes of KNOCA events and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay updated!
About the speakers:
- Leire Elhazaz, Policy Officer and Project Manager (REDS-SDSN Spain), The Spanish Climate Assembly
- Paula Spilauer, Former Civil Society Engagement Officer, The Austrian Climate Assembly
- Peter Bryant, Director, Shared Future CIC
- Rune Baastrup, Director, The Danish Board of Technology
- Susie Townend, Formerly Head of Secretariat, Scotland’s Climate Assembly
- Shameem and Danny, participants from the Blackburn with Darwen Climate Change Jury
- Thomas Muller, participant from the Austrian Climate Assembly
See and download the slides from Peter Bryant and Rune Baastrup below