On Monday 4 July, the Austrian Climate Assembly published its report consisting of 93 recommendations The report was officially received at a press conference with Leonore Gewessler, Minister for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology and Martin Kocher, Minister for Labour.
The main overarching recommendations are:
- Introduce a fundamental right to climate protection;
- Abolish climate-damaging subsidies;
- Form and expand cross-border alliances for climate protection;
- Implement effective CO2 pricing;
- Support the labour market towards climate protection;
- Raise awareness for uncomfortable measures.
Further recommendations are presented under the 5 topics: energy, consumption and production, food and land use, housing and mobility
KNOCA will organise a learning call in the Autumn to discover more about the process and the reception of the report by the government and other political actors.