Formal launch of KNOCA
This event marks the public launch of KNOCA. It will be relevant for anyone with an interest in the relationship between Climate Assemblies and climate policy.
This event is an opportunity to:
- Hear from high profile speakers at the forefront of driving the Climate Assembly agenda in Europe.
- Understand how KNOCA plans to facilitate the development of a shared understanding of best practice for Climate Assemblies.
- Share your experiences and ideas with an extended Climate Assembly peer network.
Date and time: Tuesday 22nd June. 7pm to 8:30pm CEST
Joining details: Registration here
7.00 - 7.25
|Why we need to talk about Climate Assemblies: Opening presentations|
● Welcome and introductions by Erica Hope, Director of Climate Planning and Laws, European Climate Foundation
● Keynote speech by David van Reybrouck, founder of the G1000 movement and author of the influential manifesto ‘Against Elections’
● Keynote speech by Laurence Tubiana, CEO of the European Climate Foundation and co-chair of the governance committee of the French Citizens Convention on Climate
|7.25 - 7.35||Discussion with participants|
|7.35 - 7.45||Why KNOCA? Why now?|
● Presentation by Professor Graham Smith, Founding Chair of the Knowledge Network on Climate Assemblies
|7.45 - 7.55||Discussion with participants|
|7.55 - 8.20||How to organise a Climate Assembly: Interactive discussion on the many issues to consider|
● Testimony by Valvanera Ulargui Aparicio, director of the Spanish Office for Climate Change
● Testimony by Bjørn Bedsted, Debuty Director of the Danish Board of Technology and founding member of the knowledge Network on Climate Assemblies
● Discussion with participants
|8.25 - 8.30||What´s next?|
● Closing Remarks by Professor Graham Smith, Founding Chair of the Knowledge Network on Climate Assemblies